Hottest 2017 Eye Wear Trends: Light Responsive Blue Stoppers
Posted on December 29, 2017
As 2018 quickly rings in, let’s take a look back at what the hottest fashion glasses trends of 2017 were. Glasses make for a great statement in this day and age and are in no means reserved for the stereotyped elementary kid who sits in the front row of class and continuously raises his/her hand to answer every question.
Cool innovations in the industry have sparked much discussion on the newest trends, such as Payne Glasses. This company has managed to completely revolutionize the glasses industry with their first mover tactic of offering light responsive blue stoppers. This glasses feature protects the eye from harmful LED and UV rays from mobile and desktop screens. Extended exposure to these harsh rays—something that most of us office workers take in on the regular—can lead to disruptive sleep cycles and increased chances of obesity and heart disease. Customize your favourite eyeglass look with these innovative lenses to protect your health in the long-run.
Here are the major 2017 looks that had us up at night (on our phones and computers!):
- Tortoise Shell Patterns: You can choose between variations of colours and patterns. This look has been all over the runway from sunglasses to eye glasses wear, picking up steam by A-List celebrities such as Ryan Gosling and Angelina Jolie.
- Transparent: The clear white transparent rims were all the rave in 2017. It’s a minimalistic look that allows others to focus on your facial features. However, it doesn’t fail to make a bold statement with the thicker rim options.
- Black Rims: This option is classic and suits all occasion from formal events to casual outings. If your face doesn’t suit square glasses, try out the Roosevelt styled black rimmed eyeglass. Choose a cat eye look if you’re a woman working in a professional setting as it will emphasize your mysterious and witty personality.
- Gold Metallic Thin Rims: This set of glasses allows for a more delicate and elegant wear. If you live in a city that must embrace harsh, cold weathers, this may not be the best option for you. Choose a round shape to accentuate the fine attention to detail you make. Men often go for this look, although it is nonetheless gender neutral.
- Neutral Rims: Earthy tones are not simply meant for tree huggers. Get funky with brown, gray and beige rims by choosing matte or shiny finishes. If you have lighter skin, choose a brown, round wooden finish. For those with darker complexions, light brown rims will bring extra light to your face and match with several outfit options.